Asparagus and prawn omelette
Fancy something interesting in your usual omelet?
Cooking your eggs in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and adding a whole range of delicious extras is a brilliant way to make eggs interesting again. Healthy and yummy, no really. We know most of the time that's an oxy-moron but not in this case.
Try these and see what you think:
Rolled Omelet with Prawns, Asparagus and Mushrooms
A rolled up omelet, filled with prawns, asparagus and mushrooms may seem like something you’d expect to eat at a restaurant, but it’s actually very simple to make and it tastes delicious.
¼ pint of double cream
I fresh red chili (chopped)
Bunch of coriander, chopped
Salt and pepper
5 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix together mushrooms, asparagus, prawns and chili with 2 spoonfuls of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a pinch of salt.
- Beat the eggs, mix in the cream and the chopped coriander and season with salt and pepper
- Heat the remaining Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a non-stick frying pan
- Add the beaten eggs, covering the bottom of the frying pan. Move the eggs gently until almost cooked
- Roll the omelet in the pan
- Cook for a few more minutes
- Place the rolled omelet on a plate and open slowly.