Up do - Sleek and chic
This sleek up do is a more sophisticated interpretation of the scruffy bun that dominated at the spring summer 2011 catwalk shows - striking the perfect balance between casual and chic.
Jonathan Long, celebrity hairstylist and co-founder of Lockonego tell us how to get the look...
- Prep hair with mousse to add volume to hair applying evenly from root to ends on damp hair. Roughly dry with a hair dryer
- Using tongs wrap sections of hair from mid to end around the barrel to add soft curls to the lengths of the hair. Backcomb the ends of the hair to add texture and deconstruct waves
- Smooth hair back, then gather and fasten it into a loose ponytail high on the crown of the head. Twist the ponytail loosely, molding it into a large, soft bun. Fix the bun securely to the crown of the head using hair grips
- Use your fingers to loosen the bun, teasing and twisting stray strands away from the head to give a soft natural finish
- Spritz the finished look with hairspray to provide strong hold
Image © Lockonego