Risotto of prawns with lemon
Risotto with prawn and lemon
25g/1oz unsalted butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
1 red chili, seeded and chopped
900ml/1 ½ pt chicken, fish or vegetable stock
½ wine glass dry white wine
225g/8oz Riso Gallo Vialone Nano Risotto Rice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 raw Tiger prawns, peeled
Juice and zest of half a lemon
Dill sprigs for decoration
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan and gently fry onion and garlic over low heat to soften but not brown.
- Add chili and toss around in the mix.
- Add rice and stir around in the mix.
- Pour over white wine and stir with a wooden spoon until absorbed.
- Add a ladleful of stock and continue stirring over medium heat until stock is absorbed. Continue like this until risotto rice is just tender and creamy. You may not need all the stock.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. At the same time fast fry the prawns until just pink, then stir into risotto.
- Add lemon juice and zest and stir. Serve immediately decorated with dill sprigs