Cancer-fighting foods: eating to prevent cancer |
|Article in images|
4 chicken breasts, about 150g each, without skin
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
4 shallots, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
2 teaspoons Vietnamese (nuoc-mâm) or Thai (nam pla) fish sauce
2 teaspoons demerara or brown sugar
500ml coconut milk
Serve this dish with basmati rice or another cooked whole grain cereal.
Nuoc-mâm is a Vietnamese sauce made from fish fermented in salt. It adds flavor to the rice, vegetables and fish. Its Thai equivalent is nam pla.
How to make:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
2. Brown the garlic and shallots for 2 to 3 minutes over a medium heat.
3. Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
4. Leave to simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
5. Cut the cooked chicken into strips and serve at once.
Recipe by Florence Albernhe, chef and owner of Le Grain de riz restaurant, Québec.
More recipes :