Cancer-fighting foods: eating to prevent cancer |
|Article in images|
3 tablespoons olive oil
100g leeks, diced
80g onions, diced
100g carrots, diced
100g courgettes, diced
50g celery, diced
1.5 liters of water
50g green beans, in 2cm pieces
75g canned white beans, rinsed and drained
75g ripe tomatoes, seeded and roughly chopped
3 cloves of garlic
160g fresh basil
6 tablespoons olive oil
How to make:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large stewpot.
2. Brown the leeks, onions, carrots, courgettes and celery for about 5 minutes over a high heat.
3. Pour in the water and add salt.
4. Add the potatoes and cook for 25 minutes just below boiling point.
5. Add the green beans, tomatoes and white beans.
6. Cook for 10 minutes.
7. To prepare the pistou, crush the garlic and basil in a pestle and mortar, pouring olive oil in slowly.
8. Pour the pistou into the boiling soup and leave to boil for 2 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Jean Vachon, chef and teacher at École hôtelière de la Capitale, Québec.
More recipes :