St Patricks Day: Irish recipes |
Warm black pudding, wicklow cheese and egg salad recipe
Cooking time: 12 minutes
4 Charlotte potatoes, quartered
1 tsp vegetable oil
4 rashers Irish streaky bacon, derinded and each piece cut into three pieces
280g Clonakilty Black Pudding, trimmed and cut into 12 slices
4 medium eggs
25g/1oz Connacht Gold Hollandaise Butter Sauce
Large handful watercress, about 50g/2oz
50g/2oz Wicklow cheese, crumbled
1. Cook the charlotte potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes until just cooked. Drain well and set aside. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Whisk the water until swirling and then break the eggs one at a time into the water, cook for 1 minute just simmering, then turn off, cover and leave to stand for 4 minutes.
2. Meanwhile heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the bacon pieces and the black pudding and cook for 2 minutes until crispy and make up the butter sauce according to the pack instructions.
3. Turn the black pudding and bacon over and cook for a further 2 minutes until crispy. Add the potatoes to the bacon pan and toss.
4. Arrange four pieces of potato, three pieces of bacon and three pieces of black pudding around the outside of a large warmed serving plate. Scatter over some watercress. Lift the eggs from the water and drain on kitchen paper and then arrange in the center of each plate. Spoon some Hollandaise Butter Sauce over the eggs.
5. Crumble over the cheese and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Article Plan St Patricks Day: Irish recipes ▼
More recipes :