Pitta with chicken goujons and salsa
Wholemeal pitta stuffed with chicken goujons and tomato salsa
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Calories: 319 kcals
Saturated fat: 0.44g
125g granary breadcrumbs
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
400g chicken breast, cut into strips (skinless)
1 medium egg, beaten
8 wholemeal pitta breads, toasted
8 tbsp fresh tomato salsa
Salad to serve
How to make:
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
2. Mix together the breadcrumbs, paprika, herbs and seasoning.
3. Dip the chicken first in the egg and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
4. Place on a large greased baking tray.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked throughout.
6. Serve in toasted pitta bread with tomato salsa and salad.