Healthy recipes: Wholegrain recipes for summer
These healthy recipes are all made with wholegrain goodness. Filling but not full of calories, this selection of easy to make meals are perfect for light dining this summer.
Chinese beef stir fry recipe with wild rice
Calories: 431 kcals
Saturated fat: 2.71g
200g brown & wild rice blend
2 sirloin steaks/lean beef (475g), cut into strips
2 tbsp Chinese 5 spice powder
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 red pepper, sliced
2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
125g savoy cabbage, shredded
2 tbsp soy sauce
How to make:
1. Cook the rice according to pack instructions and drain.
2. Meanwhile, mix the beef and 5 spice powder together.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and fry the beef for 3 minutes.
4. Add the pepper and carrot and stir fry for a further 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the cabbage and soy sauce and stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
6. Serve immediately on top of the rice.