Succulent and meaty ribs, soaked in a spicy marinade of onions, garlic, tomato honey and Tabasco Original, these 'skeleton ribs' irresistable to even the most terrified tastebuds.
900g/2lbs pork ribs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp oil
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
3 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp honey
1 level tbsp soft brown sugar
1-2 tbsp Tabasco Original sauce (2 is wonderful)
4 tbsp water
How to make:
1. Trim ribs to neaten. Place in an ovenproof roasting dish and season.
2. Heat oil in a pan and gently fry onion and garlic over gentle heat until soft, but not brown.
3. Spoon over ribs. Mix tomato puree, honey, brown sugar, Tabasco and water together in a jug and pour over ribs.
4. Leave for 10 minutes, turning. Place in a pre-heated oven Gas 4 350F 180C for 40 minutes, turning ribs over and basting.
5. Turn heat up to Gas 6 400F 200C and roast for a further 15 minutes - or until ribs are caramelized and crusty.
6. Serve in a bowl with napkins and a finger bowl.