Clementine and almond torte with pomegranate salad and greek yoghurt
'This recipe is inspired by a middle eastern style cake. The almond and Clemengold
make it moist and packed full of flavor. The Clemengold are extra juicy so you need
one less than normal too. I have served it with a beautiful jewel like pomegranate
salad and creamy Greek yogurt.' Sophie Michell
Clementine and almond torte with pomegranate salad and greek yogurt recipe
Makes one cake to serve between 6 and 8
6 large eggs
1 tsp orange blossom water
250g caster sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
250g ground almonds
200g pomegranate seeds
3 ClemenGold, segmented
Greek yogurt to serve
How to make:
1. Firstly pre-heat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas mark 3.
2. Place the ClemenGold in a saucepan and cover with water, then bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour 45 minutes, drain and cool.
3. Line a 9" cake tin with non-stick baking paper. Place the cooked ClemenGold in a
blender along with the eggs and blitz until thoroughly blended, sieve the mixture and
then add the orange blossom water.
4. In a separate bowl mix the ground almonds, sugar, salt and baking powder.
5. Combine well with the wet mix then pour into the cake tin.
6. Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. If the cake starts browning too much, cover loosely with foil.
7. When cooked, remove from the oven and chill.
8. Then just mix the remaining ClemenGold with the pomegranate and serve with the Greek yogurt.
Other summery recipes you may enjoy on wewomen.com: