Recipe: Home baked Mexican chilli meatballs
500g jar Uncle Ben’s Medium
Chilli con Carne sauce
2 pouches Uncle Ben’s Long
Grain Boil in the Bag rice
1 onion, roughly chopped
500g lean minced beef
1 medium sized egg
1 large handful of fresh
coriander leaves and stalks
150g ripe cherry tomatoes,halved
How to make:
1. Place the onion, minced beef, egg and most of the coriander (including the stalks) into a food processor and whiz until the onion is finely chopped and the ingredients are well combined. Season with a little pepper.
2. Roll the minced beef mixture into 20 equal sized balls and arrange in the base of a shallow ovenproof dish. Pour over the Uncle Ben’s Medium Chilli con Carne sauce and bake for 25 minutes.
3. Stir the meatballs before scattering with cherry tomatoes and bake for a further 2-3 minutes.
4. Whilst the meatballs are in the oven, prepare two bags of Uncle Ben’s Long Grain Boil in the Bag rice according to packet instructions.
5. Roughly chop the remaining coriander, scatter over the meatballs and serve with Uncle Ben’s Long Grain Boil in the Bag rice.