If your baby or child choked or stopped breathing, would you know what to do to save their life?
A recent survey commissioned by the Tesco Baby & Toddler Club revealed that more than 82% of parents who faced one of these emergency situations didn't have a clue.
58% of parents and parents-to-be said that choking was their major safety concern for their babies, toddlers and young children, with falls or bumps to the head a close second at 37%.
Yet despite this figure less than half had never completed a first-aid course and, of those who had, 31% had not taken the recommended refresher course after two years.
The good news is that, in another ‘every little helps’ initiative, Tesco Baby & Toddler Club is launching its successful BabySafe campaign for the third year in a row. BabySafe is a series of free courses run by experts from the Royal Life Saving Society UK that helps teach parents invaluable lifesaving skills to keep their baby safe.
This video, which offers advice on what parents should do in emergency situations, features campaign supporter and celebrity mum Terri Dwyer and Dr Hannah Shore from the Royal Life Saving Society UK.
From November 2009 to March 2010, eight free BabySafe seminars will be held in key locations around the country:
All participants will receive a goody bag containing a free BabySafe DVD and a selection of products. For more information on the Tesco Baby & Toddler Club BabySafe campaign and book a place at one of the seminars, visit www.tesco.com/babyclub or call the registration hotline on 01733 385 174.
- Bristol - Monday 2 November 2009
- Guildford - Monday 9 November 2009
- Slough - Thursday 12 November 2009
- Cheshunt Monday 25 January 2010
- Coventry - Tuesday 26 January 2010
- Chester Wednesday 10 February 2010
- Beverley - Wednesday 24 February 2010
- Falkirk - Thursday 11 March 2010