In other words...
It's not looking good: Not tonight. Maybe next week? Be seeing you.
When you only have 160 precious characters with which to write your messages, vowels, spaces and other dispensables are done away with, hence gibberish such as thnx4urmsgcul8r.
Acronyms are dead useful, provided of course the other person is in on your code. See if you can guess what these beauties mean. They get progressively harder...
1. Oh my God
2. Laughing out loud
3. Speak to you soon
4. At the end of the day
5. Ha ha, only kidding
6. Frankly I couldn't care less
7. Don't go there girlfriend
8. From the bottom of my heart
9. Rolling on the floor laughing
10. Jumping up and down like a monkey