You've found the house, or (in reality) a studio apartment that's smaller than your parent's living room. You've signed on the dotted line and have started packing everything you own into black bags. It’s actually happening, and here are the thoughts that are currently running through your mind:
1. Am I moving too fast? We have only been together for three years, three years is not a lot in the grand scheme of things. I have shoes older than that! Do I really know him, like really know him? Am I missing out on the joys of being single and independent?
2. I think I might pee my pants. This mix of excitement and fear is too much for me to cope with.
3. So the apartment is unfurnished, do we split the Ikea bill? What if we breakup, who gets what? I better get the kettle.
5. Why do I keep thinking we’re going to breakup? Maybe it’s best we just breakup now, and avoid all the drama. No, I love him, it’s going to be fine.
6. URGH his friends. His friends are going to come round. I hate his friends.
7. What happens when he comes home at stupid o’clock in the morning, piss drunk, with his stupid friends?
8. Oh gosh and his mom, his freakin' mom. She will be here every Sunday criticizing my cooking and cleaning.
9. I am going to have to shave all the time. Who has the time to shave all the time???!!
10. I hope he doesn’t expect sexy time every night. Just because we share a bed doesn’t mean I am open 24/7.
11. Oooo we can have sex anywhere in the house now! Even the shower!
12. I can walk around naked! Constantly!
13. OH CRAP! I am going to have to share a bed, and a closet. I can’t share a closet! He'll just have to keep his stuff in these black bags.
14. What if he has really bad habits that I don’t know about yet?
15. Gosh I am never going to get some me time, he is always going to be here.
16. I am going to be living with a boy! A hairy, smelly BOY!
17. I am going to see him every night, what if we run out of things to talk about?
18. Is he actually that interesting?
19. He better not expect me to cook every night. Or clean his dirty boxers.
20. OMG! How am I going to poop? He is going to know when I'm pooping. I will just have to poop when he is out or asleep.
21. Socks! I never have to buy socks again. He has lots of them.
22. I can wear his shirt and be all cute and sexy.
23. How do I tell my grammy that I am ‘ living in sin’?
24. He earns more than me, that means he will contribute more to the bills. Right?
25. I am going to live with my best friend!
Are you about to move in with your man? How are you feeling? Tweet us ?@wewomenUSA.
This article was written by Tolani Shoneye. Tweet her @tolly_t
You Might Also Like...